15th International PhD Workshop on Systems and Control
a Young Generation Viewpoint
August 27-30, 2018
Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Systems,
Faculty of Information Technology,
University of Pannonia
The aim of this PhD Workshop is to bring together young people working in the field of process control, supervision and information technology. Emphasis is placed on the exchange of ideas, results, experience and opinions.
The Workshop will include several sessions of contributed papers and computer demonstrations. Presentation of theory, algorithms, implementations and applications are welcome.
Topics relevant to the Workshop include:
- process modeling and analysis
- control (traditional, intelligent, adaptive, etc.)
- process monitoring and supervision
- system identification and signal processing
- modeling of complex systems (classical, hierarchical, Bayesian, fuzzy, networks)
- image processing and pattern recognition
- artificial intelligence
- soft computing (neural, genetic, fuzzy algorithms, etc.)
- software issues (parallel computing, distributed and network computing, data visualization)
- decision making (data mining, decision supporting)
The Workshop is organized for PhD students and young researchers up to age 35, working in the field which fits to the scope of the Workshop. An abstract and registration form submitted through the website of the Workshop is required for participation. Full papers are also required and will be published in the conference proceedings. The participation is free, and the accepted papers will be published in the special issue of the Hungarian Journal of Industry and Chemistry.
The Workshop will be held in Veszprém, Hungary.
The language of the Workshop is English.
Program committee chair
- Katalin M. Hangos - University of Pannonia (HU)
- Anna Ibolya Pózna - University of Pannonia (HU)
- Roland Bálint - University of Pannonia (HU)
Abstract submission deadline: June 18 July 2, 2018
Notification of acceptance: July 9 July 16, 2018
Submission of final papers: August 6 August 13, 2018